A friend of mine told me this trick, and on a few occasions I have found it useful.
A friend of mine’s laptop screen died. It just stopped working, you don’t even see the BIOS splash screen. This was a bit of a problem.
- Somehow shutdown your computer, you may have to crash it
- Unplug your laptop from the wall
- Remove the battery from the laptop
- Press the power button
- Press the power button again except this time hold it down for 5 seconds
- Put the battery back into the laptop
- Plug the computer back into the wall
- Turn on the laptop
If this does not solve the problem then there is a more major problem with your laptop.